Saturday 16 June 2012

CKKS-FM 96.9 "FM97 Kiss FM" late 80s cassette recording

A random tape I found. It contains 1 hour of radio recording. I don't know if there's other stations on it but the only station announcement I hear on the tape is CKKS.

There's a whole nother world stored on these tapes. You just don't hear these songs on today's radio anymore. Have a listen: Mirror 1 Mirror 2

The tape appears to be recorded with dolby on but I couldn't get it to sound acceptable with dolby decoding on because of channel imbalance and freqency response issues. Fixing it would require adjusting potentiometers inside the tape deck and will probably mess up the deck so I left the dolby off. Try decoding it with Tape Restore Live! if you want. I don't want to risk messing up the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment